"Stained Glass" with Washi Paper
What you need:
Stencil for the frame of your "stained glass" (we picked up a laser cut wooden stencil at a local craft shop, see image below)
Cutting mat or cardboard
*Remember, you always have extra Washi left over with our Chigiri-e kits and courses. Don't throw them away and you can make Washi crafts like this one!
1. Lay Washi paper on back on stencil and lightly engrave Washi with stylus. Make sure engraving is done a little bigger than opening of stencil. Have fun choosing color gradients on Washi paper!
2. Engrave deeper on Washi paper with stylus on a cutting mat or cardboard. This will make the hand tearing easier. Hand tear once engraving is enough. Use scissors for tight corners if necessary.
3. Lightly brush Yamato glue on stencil (3:1 ratio of water to glue) and place torn Washi with tweezers.
4. Repeat until all openings are covers with Washi paper.
5. You can either prop it up on a window sill or attach a string to hang it on your window
Find other summer craft ideas on our blog posts like "Smartphone Cases with Chigiri-e".